Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A parent's prayer
Sorry, no pictures this time, although I'm sure we can provide some in the near future. Jadyn's been having a ball with her exersaucer, making it bounce up and down and generally pleased with herself in doing something constructive.

Lord, when I'm out of sorts, upset over something in the scheme of things won't really matter an hour or even 100 years later, I pray that somehow, some way I find a way to express this displeasure in such a way as to not pass this along to my daughter.
You've given her such a beautiful, loving, warm soul and I want no part in dampening or diminishing it. I don't want to see my frustration and anger staring back at me in a few years or even ever. So Lord, help me to foster that loving, graciousness you've given her and not transfer to her anything that will keep you from shining through. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: