Saturday, January 06, 2007

Brought to you by the letter 'H'
Amanda and I want Jadyn to learn how to speak properly, despite the culture in which she resides and my tendency to mumble in my native Southern accent.
We don't want it said of Jadyn that she is among those in this region who think "head" has two syllables - "heyad," for example. At the same time, I hope she grows up with an appreciation of and reflecting both her Southern and Northern roots.
She has one of those Leapfrog toys which uses magnetized letters and attaches to a device, applied usually to a refrigerator or other metal appliance. When the letter is attached, a young child's voice comes on and says what the letter's sound(s) is (are). "'B' says 'buh,'" etc.
She got it for Christmas and we did a great job of keeping up with all the letters - for about a week.
On Thursday night, I did an inventory and found "H" missing.
We hunted in every logical place for H and couldn't find it.
We decided to buy a replacement set and it should be on the way soon.
"H says ... 'huh,'" I think. I don't remember.
But after we get it back, I hope to play it enough where I won't forget it.

No comments: