Saturday, March 08, 2008


Snow!


During the afternoon Friday, forecasters put our region under a snow advisory, saying we could get 1 to 2 inches of accumulated snow - A rarity in this part of Mississippi.
We got Jadyn out last night to touch some of the few flakes that were falling.
As Jadyn grows, we're trying to teach her about various aspects of faith, including prayer. Before she went to bed last night, we prayed for snow, which meant to me that we would find enough snow on the ground to play with and run around in, even for just a little while.
As the night wore on, we weren't getting much in the way of snow sticking to the ground and by about 12:30 a.m., it looked to me like our chances were over.
I'm getting to where I like it when I'm proven wrong in some cases.
This was one of them.
I woke up to look outside and to find about one half inch of snow covering most of the surfaces around our house and neighborhood. "Yes!," I quietly shouted. This is the first appreciable snow accumulation I can remember in just under four years in living in Mississippi, and therefore, Jadyn's first real experience with it.
I know that we don't always get want we pray for but it sure is nice to be able to show Jadyn that sometimes the Lord grants even the smallest of prayers.
I got up and took some pictures of our dog, which Jadyn knows as "Bubba," out in the snow, knowing that I had to get Jadyn up before it melted. (Only traces of it remained by 9:45 a.m.)

I know he's not in focus in this one, but it was the coolest shot I got of him running in it.
We know him as part of the family and forget just how majestic he can appear.

I had Jadyn up and out the door just after 7:30 this morning. This was taken after she first got her first experience in walking in it.


This is among the first snow she handled.


She even took to running around in it in short sprints.


Taking a closer look.

She took a minute to dust some of the snow off her feet.

Checking out some more snow.

One of her final acts of playing in the snow this morning was in the form of a hand print on Daddy's car.

No comments: