Friday, September 23, 2005

I AM A VERY BLESSED MOMMY!!!

My darling sweet little angel child will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. 3 nights ago she started sleeping "through the night", meaning she slept at least 5 hours straight overnight. The first few nights I was a little worried that maybe I should have woken her up to eat. I will remember to ask the pediatrician about this on Monday at her 2-week check-up. But from what I hear from other parents, I should just give thanks to the good Lord and enjoy the sleep. And believe me, I am. I'd rather have her up more during the day and be able to sleep at night.

Oh, and I know it sounds like nothing more than proud new mommy talk, but did I mention that she already knows how to hold her pacifier in her mouth with her own hand? She isn't doing it all the time, but we have seen it several times over the last few days. Gifted, that's my diagnosis. :)

1 comment:

rachelle said...

yea! that's awesome. These 2 weeks have flown, I'm sure!!

I know you didn't ask, but my "personal" rule for waking up at nite is: before 2 weeks old, wake up every 4 hours, from 2-6 weeks, wake every 6 hours. After 6 weeks allow to sleep for as long as they like. This is more for keeping supply up than anything else.

Sounds like things are great, and she's sooo cute!