Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Grand Parental Visit

Jadyn was dedicated at church this past Sunday (a story best told in a separate blog) so the maternal grandparents came to witness the event. They haven't seen Jadyn since she was 10 days old, so obviously she's changed quite a bit. They were here 5 days and it seems like that's all it took for her to bond with them. She seemed to miss them after they left. Maybe because she was held by someone for most of the time they were here. But it was fantastic to see them love up on her.

When they left, I told Paul, "I want to be closer to them." Not just for the babysitting options, which would be nice, but so that Jadyn can grow up knowing her Omi and Opa (their monikers of choice). I grew up knowing both sets of grandparents, and while there was some dysfunction in those relationships (which is probably true of everyone), I cherish the memories I have of those times. She already is missing out on her paternal grandparents, who have both passed on. My parents are the only ones she will know, and I would hate for them to be little more than strangers who send $10 in a birthday or Christmas card.

Anyway, thanks, Mom and Dad, for making the trek down her to see our little Punkin. It really meant a lot.

No comments: